26 April, 2007

Sun, Sun Mr. Golden Sun

Please shine down on me!

I have been having an awful time with stress lately. Which of course effects my children and i hate that. I read a paper that Paul had brought home from school awhile ago about type 2 stress with the effects and 101 ways to cope with it. It fit me so well.

Some of the ways that helped me:
  • Remember that stress is just an attitude!
  • Stop saying negative things to yourself (like today I called my butt fat, not nice.)
  • Simplify meal times
  • Practice breathing S-L-O-W-L-Y!
  • Develop your sense of humor
  • Maintain your weight
  • Exercise every day
  • Work at being cheerful and Optimistic (I love how it says to work on it!)
  • Talk Less and Listen More
  • Freely Praise Other people
  • Stop thinking tomorrow will be a better day
  • Do everything in moderation
Negative results of type II Stress (the ones which I was suffering from):
Irritability, Disorganization, Over indulging in food, Poor memory, Inability to concentrate, Migraine/tension headaches, Inability to make decisions, Over-reaction to mild work pressure

I have made a new resolve to be H-A-P-P-Y. And of course I will still have my moments, but I am working on it! Ever so intently, it is really easy to give in to stress with three kids and a house and trying to give them the best of life. But what really matters is that they have the best mother, which requires me to take more time for myself(physically,emotionally and spiritually), and less time on the house making sure that it is clean and tidy like it says "everything in moderation" even house cleaning! More time relaxing and playing with my children!

I plan to have more sun shiny days!

1 comment:

Staci said...

That stress type II sounds like me too, thanks for posting this, I'll have to remember those tips!