10 April, 2007

Sugar makes me sick

okay so when there is sugar in my house, I eat it and then my tonsels get swollen and I am irritated by even the slightest sweet thing but I still eat sugar cause its there...vicious cycle. We have way too much easter candy!! I so wish I was able to post pictures, I do have them!!
We did three Easter Egg Hunts:
  1. A week ago today we went to Alona's preschool, the parents were informed to be polite and they were! Abbi picked up a straw that a little girl had dropped. The mother very calmly told her "its okay, let her have it." Abbi did not want my help, she knew where the eggs were and how to find them and pick them up though she did want me to go with her. Alona was great at being independent.
  2. Last Saturday I drug the children out to the park on Main Street in Provo. We played at the park, Alona and Abbi were so cute, they held hands while playing on the playground and were very nice to one another. We then went and got all of their faces painted, Abbi got a baby chick she even picked what she wanted. She was shown a posterboard and asked which one she wanted and she goes "ahhh... a this one" so darn cute. Alona wanted the rainbow, while talking on the phone later that day to her grandmother she just splurts out what colors were in her rainbow even though she never even glanced at it in a mirror. Kacen had a bunny an his cheek, which looked as though it had three eyeballs and a smeared horse shoe for a smile. We (Me and Alona) were brave, I left her at the 4-6 year old group to do the easter egg hunt by herself. I kept looking over at her before it started just hoping that she would do okay and the other kids wouldn't trample her. Abbi once again surprised me, when they told us to go she lead me where she wanted to go. She didn't want to get the wonka chocolate bar she wanted the chocolate bunny and the chocolate bunny sucker and then she kept picking up eggs all on her own. She was content with putting just a few eggs in her basket. The limit was five eggs per child and Abbi just walked away from a pile of eggs, she had had her fill. Alona surpassed all my wildest imaginations of what she could do! She came away with a huge basket full of eggs and a candy stick. Though she didn't know that she was only supposed to get five eggs! :) Sad, sad the easter bunny had left by the time that we were finished, no pictures with him this year :(
  3. After church I went out and hid the eggs while the girls were eating lunch and Kacen was being fed by his daddy. I would have been too overwhelmed trying to fit in the easter egg hunt, getting them dressed and ready for church and there by nine in the morning, and all by myself so we waited until after church. Paul had stayed up until five in the morning doing homework. Paul was helping Alona, I remember looking over at them and Paul was trying to get her to look in the grass by her feet and she said, where I don't see any, as she is staring at the shed. Alona is so funny, she doesn't over eat or over-indulge in sugar. She gets her basket down and eats about two pieces and says, do you think I've had enough? I ask her what she thinks...She says "I think I've had enough chocolate." When her eggs were all dumped out she says, "I have too much candy!" Some of the cute phrases from Abbi...When she would find an egg, she would say, "I win!" then she would say, "More, let's get some more!" There were so many cute things that both of them said!! Kacen got a sun hat and a little bunny. Alona looked in the refrigerator after we had woke up on Sunday morning and said Mom, the Easter bunny hasn't come yet! Then when we got home she asked if she could look in the fridge to see if the easter bunny had come!

No comments: