20 April, 2007

Don't just do something, Stand there!

1.Abbi is potty trained! There is the occasional accident, but no more going poo in her pants like she was doing almost every time (not fun to cleanup). She lifted herself up onto the potty the other day while visiting relatives!

2.Kacen is in his six month clothes now. He is growing so fast! I put on his cute carpenters hat on that he first used in January and it now barely fits him, it was drowning him in January. I got out these cute 6-9 month stretchy waistband gray pants and they fit him! There is this cute horizontal striped shirt that I have been waiting to put on him and today I did(there is also a really cute blue one((the green one he is wearing friday, the blue one Saturday)), I have been waiting since his baby shower to put them on him). So cute!

3.We went to a Luau on Saturday! When we were finished Alona was so sad, Mom I wanted to dance more, she says! They let the little kids get up on stage and dance while the performers were getting ready, that led to trouble..little kids really wanted to get up there and dance while the show was going on. Abbi was one of those kids. Both girls wore grass skirts, Alona wore a bikini top and Abbi a flower in her hair. It was the outfits that they got from their grandparents when they went to Hawaii last year.









4. Friday my brother came down and stayed here overnight while my great aunt and uncle went down to Saint George. I really wanted to do something! So we got in the van and drove to Utah Lake. We got there and saw that it was $9.oo for a vehicle to drive past the gate, so we parked outside the gate and walked in. It was nice weather by our house, though right by the water the wind was a little much. I asked Alona when she was shivering and her nose was cold, "Are you cold?" "No" she said!Do you want to go back to the car? "No!" Moments later she was ready to go and we picked up our things. I walked back to the van and got it while they were waiting behind the bathrooms.
It was nice to not have to take them out to eat at a restaurant. They were happy with a Little Caesars five dollar pizza. But then with the Chinese place that we ordered from I felt like a chicken with my head cut off running around. I went to pick up the food and came home to notice that the schezwan chicken my brother ordered was not there. I had to drive back just to pick that up. The whole time I felt like I was racing against the clock, Kacen was at home sleeping and had been for more than an hour.

5. If you are wondering about the title of this post...we were watching Alice in Wonderland yesterday before Paul left for work and this is one phrase that caught on. When the white rabbit wanted Alice to go in and get his gloves that is what he said, "Don't just do something, Stand there!"Alona really enjoyed that video and seeing that anything can happen in your dreams.

No comments: