09 January, 2007

Only Once

This will be their firsts only once, so I figured that I shouldn't pass up writing about it. I don't remember it being so difficult with Alona or Abbi, Alona especially having them sleep in a new room. I figured that it was about time. I love that little guy so much and I am so comforted with him sleeping just at the edge of my feet, knowing that he is there and that he is safe. I am SO attached! So last night was his first night of many in his crib. I kept thinking of reasons to keep him in our room, not having the monitor hooked up yet, his room is too cold, etc. They always look so tiny in those things when they first start off. He did great! He went to bed around 12:30 and then he woke up some time between three and five (I was too tired to remember.) But then I fell asleep holding him in my bed. I am so amazed that I can fall asleep so easily while holding him and I keep holding him while I sleep, I don't drop him or let go or anything! So he slept with me until about six and then went back to his crib for a little more than an hour. Tonight he didn't want to go to sleep he fell asleep and woke up four different times and finally fell asleep around 10:45, woohoo!

Okay so for the other first...Abbi went to the dentist for the first time today. She was wonderful! Better than I could have imagined. They asked her to open her mouth, Okay so she really didn't open, but she let them insert bite wings and allowed them to take x-rays while staring at them blankly! She allowed the dentist to put a mirror with a bright light into her mouth, move it around and count her teeth. I was holding her in my lap with her head in the dentists arms and she was holding my hands and quite content.

When Alona was that age and I took her to the dentist she bit down, would not open her mouth and clung to me like no other. The dentist barely got to see Alona's teeth at that age let alone count them. Alona is still a booger, I had to lift her into the chair. She was dragging her feet and complained when they put bite wings in her mouth.

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

I think when it comes time to have Kellie sleep in her own bed, I may not be ready. I know what you mean about being able to sleep better when you're holding Kacen. I've felt that way since Kellie was born.

I knew you were excited about me coming! Don't stress yourself out about that. As soon as Kellie is healthy, I swear I'm off to find a sling for you. They are the best things in baby-caring!

Bagley Briefs said...

Oh, I'll bet little Kacen does look so very small in that big crib. It would be fun if you snapped a picture for us.

When I was young, like you and Laura, I remember thinking and dreaming about putting my children to bed. I could almost picture them in my mind... freshly bathed, rosy cheeked and snuggled down in bed. Enjoy the tender moments!

Hooray for Abbi's first experience with the Dentist. I'm glad she was able to sit in your lap. I'm so old my childhood dentist wore one of those bands on his head with a light. Boy was he ever scary. I don't think my parents were allowed in the room with us.

As always, thanks for filling my Grandma void. I love reading your posts and hearing about your days.

Love you!