24 April, 2010

childhood

I got some news today that one of my siblings is having a really rough time. Of which I wont disclose on here.
But after I hung up the phone with my aunt. I started thinking why I was I so lucky and not my siblings. I remember my childhood, I remember my dad before he killed himself. I remember my mother when she still cared, she even took me to a mothers day brunch for merry miss when i was 10, it was my birthday and mothers day. I remember my brothers being little and sweet. I remember playing with my friends in the neighborhood in Sunset and taking my brothers with me.

My siblings arent so lucky, they arent blessed with happy childhood memories. One sibling doesnt remember my dad being alive, doesnt know what my mother was like before drugs and bi-polar. Doesnt remember living with his sisters that cared for and took care of him ehen we were put in shelter homes and foster homes. They were hurt in different ways that children should not be, and I wasnt. And one brother got schizophrenia from my dad. And my oldest brother whom I have never met is doing amazing right now, despite all the things that he has gone through.
Even though I have never met him, I am proud of him. And I hope and pray that the one that is having a rough time right now, can know that those memories he is missing are good ones and there are many people that love him... and I wish that I could fix all their pain

1 comment:

Bagley Briefs said...

The sign of a caring, compassionate heart is a sister who continues to worry and want to fix things for her siblings. Even though he's so far away, knowing you are concerned and praying for him must surely be a bright spot in your brother's life.