23 January, 2010



We are...


Moving

It seems so unreal just because we have lived in this place that we are at for the past 3 years, 3 months and 12 days. Which is the longest that we have lived anywhere in our married life and the only home that Our three younger children have known. I always look at craigslist and ksl, just being a little too hopeful and optimistic, to move in to something better...a better neighborhood, better heating, better bathrooms and maybe a laundry room, walls that arent concrete, a dishwasher maybe, room to hang up coats and towels. So I found this place a little more than a week ago listed on craigslist, it was within our price range, allowed pets which most places within our price range did not! It has two bathrooms and it is a HOUSE!! No more getting the feeling of going in to a burrow, a hole in the ground!
So the positives, which I have been trying really hard to focus on
  • There are two bathrooms, a lot of cupboard space in the bathroom and an actual counter, and no washer and dryer in the bathroom. The second bathroom is in my bedroom
  • There is a crawl space under the house for storage
  • The rooms are bigger
  • There is a coat closet
  • There is a utility room that has plenty of storage space and shelves, and that is where the washer and dryer go
  • There is and old dishwasher that we can replace for with a new one! I get a dishwasher!!
  • The previous tenants left half of their furniture. The living room has hardwood floors and they left a huge area rug! We get new couches! Pretty blue couches. There was also a dvd player with speakers left there as well.
  • Alona's school is across the street, she can walk to school
  • I have two closets in my bedroom! One for Paul and one for ME!
  • It is 1459 sq ft quite a bit bigger than here :)
  • There is a place to plant a garden!
  • Being in a house, we wont have to worry about disturbing neighboring tenants or them disturbing us!
There is less room for the children to play, but there still is a yard and the school park across the street. There isn't as much storage, but the place is much bigger! I am happy to have a house, even if we are just renting.
We get the keys to the house on Tuesday which is nice since we don't pay rent there until the following Monday, so we will have plenty of time to clean the place up, it sure does need it! I'll take some more pictures and post them. So if in the next two weeks (after Tuesday) you have some extra time, feel free to come help clean, pack and move some stuff or take a trip to the di for us :)
Alona is super excited to see it.
and hopefully i remember to make all of the address changes that I need to.

4 comments:

Shiree said...

I'm so happy for you!!!!

Bagley Briefs said...

Wow! How exciting for you. Hope it's everything you want it to be... and more! :)

Mandy said...

I am just SO excited for you guys I can hardly hold it in. :) I just keep telling Jeremiah how great it is and how excited I am for you guys. :)

You can count us in for trips to the DI or dump or whatever. We have a trailer that we use to haul stuff. I also talked to Jed and he said that when you guys are ready to move the big stuff to let him know and it should be fine. :)

Just let me know how I can help the most and I'll be there! :) Love you guys (and still super excited for you!)

Nicole Beck said...

How wonderful for you and your family. Two bathrooms? That sounds amazing. And a whole lot of closet space makes organizing so much easier. I wish I were closer to be able to help.