03 October, 2009

ten o'clock session


Who's knocking on my door!
Alona got a cow hat from her Grandpa on her second birthday and Kacen has put it to use again. So glad that another child has found it fun and is playing with it. Abbi was ringing the cowbell and Kacen would ask who was knocking, so cute. Today is General Conference and with that we don't have to be at church tomorrow. Being at home is giving me the opportunity to try yet again to get Kacen acquainted with the toilet. He is doing really good today so far. Though he is running around with no pants on and that does help a LOT!

I loved Elder Bednar's talk about consistency with your children. The personal affirmation he gave that it is important to keep doing all those right things: scripture study, prayer, family home evening. In the midst of it children can be very difficult, to quote Elder Bednar on some of his experiences "he's breathing my air", "he's touching me". I know we have had many experiences like this and it makes it very difficult to enjoy the lesson, to feel the spirit and to have a desire to continue another lesson the next week when it will most likely procure the same results. I am glad that we all keep doing all of these things, to bring consistency into our children's lives. I look forward to seeing the rewards from this.

No comments: