16 October, 2009

My Boys

Jesse in the exersaucer.
He is getting so very big, so very fast. He now says Mom-muhh, he did tonight when he woke up and was sad. He just started blowing bubbles, so sweet and makes such cute baby talk. All of this in the past five days. He actually started getting a rash underneath his mouth from being so giggly and bubbly :) He now wakes up in the morning and talks in his crib for a good twenty minutes before he decides that he is hungry. And we just lay there and listen to his sweet sounds. I know that if I get up he will want to be fed and I want he sweet noises to be heard for as long as he doesn't remember he's hungry and he seems to remember when he sees me or hears me moving around.
I play if you are happy and you know it with him and he cracks up when I raise him arms to shout hooray, when he claps his hands and especially when he stomps his feet!
We were having lunch earlier this week and Kacen brought his trains to the table. I looked at him and he had put his trains in his soup bowl.
Me: Kacen, are you having train soup?
Kacen: uh-huh


I poured the soup in the bowls, Abbi came and saw what was in there while it was cooling. "When that cools that I am NOT going to eat it!" The green coloring of the soup totally through her off. Kacen on the other hand is my little man that will eat almost anything, even his sisters with their distaste to foods will not throw him off course. He ate that split pea soup and ate it up good. Spooning the soup on to his toasted tuna with cheese he devoured it up happily.
Kacen started potty training the first Saturday in October, so it has been almost two weeks and he has gone the past four days with not a single accident! He is doing so amazingly well, I am so proud of him, so happy and such a great accomplishment. He even goes through the night dry which was the first great happy thought when starting out. He woke up dry that first Sunday morning and I knew that that was the greatest thing one of the Biggest signs that he was ready. We didn't have to worry about night potty training just day time. We had two days of mostly bare bum, hope his sisters weren't too traumitized ;) That really helped while running to the bathroom and him experimenting and finding out when he needed to go. It was a rough go at first, in fact he didnt get going no. 2 on the toilet until the beginning of this week, such a relief when that finally happened. The trick to getting him to potty train is making it fun. Seeing who can go potty first, putting lots of cereal in the toilet, letting him choose whether he wants to use the "big" potty or the "little" potty (the potty training one).

Just a few months ago he would cry hysterically if you would put him on the toilet and tell him to go. He still does not like the idea of going but it is not so much drama and much more fun. I am glad as each day goes by, as he catches on to the concept more and more, as he learns to go to the bathroom himself when he feels that he should and am happy to see him grasp more concepts as time goes by.

2 comments:

Paul said...

our little Kacen is growing up, with all the good efforts towards potty training, and eating fresh homemade train soup!

Mandy said...

YAY for big boys! :)
And I love baby noises... I think I miss that the most...