29 December, 2008

We had a really nice Christmas. My family met me at my Grandmother's house so that I could see them while down there. My Aunt Tiff got Kacen the handy manny talking tool box, thats fun, and got both of the girls a doll. My grandmother sends money and with that Kacen got a mack trailer set with three cars, Abbi pretend food and a baby doll play pen, Alona an ice cream set, she can make her own ice cream.
At Paul's dads there was pizza, of course, mmm! And a pile of gifts that we eached picked a random one, of course Grandma traded Kacen and let him have the tigger that she opened! He rode that Tigger, Tigger gave out after that ride! The girls received cabbage patch babies from uncle Jared & aunt Tami and Kacen a bob the builder tool belt. Alona got a my little pony with a carrying bag and Abbi tinkerbell things! They had lots of fun.
Christmas morning Paul woke up with me! And we all opened presents, Daddy got a dumb bell, a trimmer, a laptop cooler and a movie. Alona got a shopping cart like she asked for from Santa, the one thing that she asked for and a leapster, a movie and a Hannah Montana Barbie and a game, hullabaloo. The game is one that they can play all by themselves! Abbi got a baby doll swing, high chair and cradle oh and a medical kit from her brother! Kacen got some thomas trains(and a container for them), a bag full of cars, a thomas drum, some dinosaurs, a black and decker tool table, a spider man on a motorcycle and a racing ramps garage. Maybe it seems that Kacen got more, well I have kid to kid and ebay to thank for that, a big package of dinosaurs were $6 which included a triceratops that had batteries, walks and roars he calls this his "Dino". The Thomas carrying case was less than two dollars, couldn't pass that up, it retails for $20 in stores. The cars were cheap on ebay and the motorcycle was the gift from his sister (I let them exchange gifts). Even though Abbi got more than Alona because Alona's gifts cost more, you wouldn't know it, not once did we hear, "She got more than me!" I hear, we are sharing and mom she got two so this one is mine. And no disputes from Abbi they love to play together, even if that means that the toys are mutual property.
It was so nice to be home for Christmas morning. Breakfast was late, home made waffles and bacon. Paul assembled the toys while I made breakfast and then we cleaned up and they went outside and made an awesome snowman while I vacuumed and got ready. It was a relaxing morning and so nice to have most of it cleaned up and put away, we even put away our Christmas decorations and organized the container.
Marta's was great, so nice to have a Christmas meal and relax with the kids. Paul's sister got them some books, which we have read a few times! Dinner was great, loved Marta's potatoes and the Pie that Paul brought that we ended up eating at home, really was great! We ate it last night as our family home evening treat. Marta got me a juicer, Alona the Diamond Castle Barbie and Abbi a play pen, Kacen the Cars spiral speedway and Paul a thumb drive that he was really excited about.
Our bishop shared a great story on the Sunday before Christmas, I hope to find it and share it on here.
I wish that I would have taken pictures of what we gave other people, I put a lot of thought in to most of the gifts. Kelly a sign that says "dads fix it shop, little job:one hug, big job:two hugs" Val Mickey mouse pins, Marta a book, my mother a butterfly wind chime, Brandon ear buds, our niece a baby doll, a movie to three people and lotion to other ladies that I didn't know what to get them. I felt really bad for the people that I left out, not on purpose though I really couldn't think of what to get them. But seeing the faces of the people that we gave gifts to was the greatest gift!

2 comments:

Paul said...

it was a good christmas, I still don't know what woke me up though..... maybe it was Santa? :p

Mandy said...

What a great Christmas! :) It looks like a great time. :) And the snowman is great. :) I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're a great mom! :)