19 December, 2008

Holiday crafts

We have made at least one Holiday craft each week this month. Our first was an advent calendar, the kids put up a new number each day, the last number that is put up is the number of days left until Christmas.
The second was a Santa Claus that we made the day that Alona stayed home when she threw up. All of the children's Santa's look different, Abbi's Santa has only one boot, Kacen's is mostly white and Alona's looks so professional!
And last but not the end of what we will do, was a wreath. Well, okay its not very round, but its a wreath to me. Abbi and Kacen let me trace their hands, I let them watch a cartoon and cut their hands out and then they glued their hands together with a picture of them in the middle. Abbi and Kacen were really excited, they were yelling back and forth who was in their picture, "Santa", "Daddy!"
oh and some more, the children's nativity's they each made one on a family home evening night and their collective gingerbread house they all did their own trees and helped with the house, I told the girls that I would take a picture before brother ate any more of the house. They also caught Mommy sneaking a gumball, I knew I was in trouble!

Kacen's fun phrases:
"Thats not funny!"
"Oh man!"

3 comments:

joshandemily said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here-I'm pretty lazy when it comes to blogging and emailing. I'm impressed with how much you guys do! I hope I have that much energy when I have 3 kids and one on the way. You are an amazing soul-I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Mandy said...

You are such a good mom. :) Your kids are so smart and happy and creative and I know you are responsible for that! :) :)

Paul said...

I like the one with me and Kacen in it ice skating!