03 February, 2008

hanger angels and snow pie

Sunday's are really a day for imagination at our home. We get home at 2:15 from church and have much time to fill. My children brighten my day by the things that they conjure up in their heads. Alona came out of her bedroom with a hanger on her back, "these are my wings". I have been crocheting! My Christmas tree skirt is almost finished, pictures to grace the screen soon. So I made Necklaces for the girls out of crocheted fabric, though it was a tie at first today and then with her hanger wings, it became a halo.
Paul just came home with a new monitor for our computer! Ours had died yesterday and a friend from worked did him a favor and Paul carried in this 21 inch tonight!
My girls have the utmost contempt for me doing their hair, though they are so beautiful. I managed to figure the art of putting buns in my daughters hair. So with her angel attire, Alona had buns, the bobby pin really was an amazing invention. I am exuberant about the rounded tips that they now have on the ends, more hair stays on the head!
We went outside to play in the snow, the assortment of play kitchen utensils was brought out. They all made snow pies, cakes, etc...Abbi made snow drinks, she was enthralled that mommy take her picture. Ever since 15 months she has loved, to pose and say cheese! Kacen lavished in the snow, first he stared it down totally fascinated with it, leaned in and was absorbed in the miracle of snow.. Here look for yourself,















On Thursday we took dinner to my visiting teaching companion who had just had a baby and we made brownies. Interwoven into the cocoa powder and semisweet morsels was some pureed spinach and carrot, and oh how scrumptious these brownies were. The children couldn't get enough. In the morning following breakfast Alona peered into the pan, Why are there no brownies left? The recipe is in a cookbook, Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld, and the brownies are truly delicious. There are other recipes in the book that re awesome too! I would highly recommend this!

2 comments:

Paul said...

have the cutest and most beautiful children, they never stop making me smile. You know, about the brownies.... you can also trick someone into eating poison the same way (just kidding :P ). I hope to try some when you make them again.

Bagley Briefs said...

Oh, the wonder of snow! It's so much more fun to play in with little ones. It's great that you have so many ideas to keep everyone occupied on the long days!