23 February, 2009

4 years old!

She wanted pizza for her birthday and she got it! She went to Chuck E Cheese with Mom, Dad, grandma and her brother and sister. She picked out her own ice cream, sugar free cookie dough, mmm! They had a lot of fun with the rides
She was asked weeks in advance what she wanted for her birthday, "A Barbie and a scooter." She swore that the other present was a barbie. She opened the present and was quite surprised by the markers and paper that were in it. The other one was the scooter and she was thrilled! She has rode it many times. Grandma got her the movie, Wall-E, and outfit and a Dora wand for the bath tub. She loves dressing up and had me take her to the bathroom after opening it and got changed! She kept one hand on that skirt while running to different rides and games, trying to keep it from falling below her hips. She loves coming up to me, "Mom, I"m FOUR!!"
Sunday she came up to me, "Mom it's not my birthday, it's some one else's birthday." I thought that was cute, some one else got sung too in Primary and it clicked that her birthday was officially over. She got sung to her the week before, she was very shy and quiet when they sung to her, she sat in her seat instead of going to the front of the room.

2 comments:

Paul said...

awe, that's cute. I'm glad I was able to go celebrate her birthday :)

MartaMolly said...

I really enjoyed being part of Abbi's day, I love her enthusiasm and joy for life, what a sparkle girl!. what can I say I love my sweet grandchildren. Kacen has a smile that would melt butter!
Alona is reading excellently now, thanks to the help and encouragement of a hard loving and working mommy, she is a natural genius but you have guided her learning and it shows!
I like how she gets into our phone conversations too!
Paulie is such a hard working Husband, I just know things will jell when he graduates and settles into a career job.
You are a patient and loving woman.