16 April, 2008

Biggest Loser

So last night I turned on the biggest loser, yes while my children were awake. Biggest loser would normally start at 7:00 but I wouldn't turn it on until after my children had gone to bed. But last night they were showing the final contestants with in the first five minutes. I had voted for Roger, no particular reason. It was fun to see that a girl won though it would have been more surprising to see Kelly win, since she had more to lose.
So a little while in to the show, Alona was watching the show sitting right next to me. She says "Mom, so when do I need to go on a diet." At this point I was thinking oh no, I should have just waited until they had gone to bed to turn on the show. I tried to explain that she looked fine and didn't need to "diet" and as long as she ate healthy and exercised her body as she watched Mommy do that she would never need a "diet". I hope that I explained this well enough to her. I realized other things I could have said to her after she had gone to bed.
Not a whole lot going on here... I read the final book in the Barrington Family Saga by Anita Stansfield, it was good, I would recommend the books. The first book especially captured me and then I just had to keep reading though some of the parts of the preceding books weren't as captivating.
I will be going to Layton on Friday to take my sister to a movie for her birthday. She wanted to go see Fools Gold with Matthew McConaughey because he's cute, but this Monday it wasn't in theaters any more and wasn't in the dollar theaters yet. Very frustrating, maybe we will go see Penelope or something else? Paul will stay home with the kids. This is the first time that I have gone out with my sister since before I was married, I figured that she's not married this year so she would need some one to care.
Something that I figured out... If you are all out of aluminum foil and your recipe calls for you to cover your food, you can take out a metal cookie sheet and cover you 9x13 dish or smaller with this and it works great!!

We went to visit Grandma Caren on Monday, while visiting with her we went to the play ground by her house. We lifted up a community tractor to find that mice had been using it as their home, a mouse ran out from the tractor and in to the sand box. The girls sat there and watched as the mouse dug himself a hole and buried him in by pushing sand where the hole once was. This mouse was a fast digger. A few minutes later another mouse came running out and ended up in the corner of the playground. The whole play ground was enclosed with wood, the mouse was trapped, he tried gnawing the wood and also digging hi way out to get away from us. Alona, Abbi and Kacen were so enthralled. Alona petted the mouse with a stick since her grandparents told her not to actually touch it. Kacen had a little excited dance that he would do and then he would get really close and reach his hand out to the mouse almost to touch it and then walk away from them.

Stake Conference was Sunday, conference was at 2:00 and of course lasts two hours. It was kind of nice that conference was so late. We found a couple wandering around at the stake building and offered them a ride, I felt it was something that I should do. Low and Behold they didn't know that stake conference was held at the Provo Tabernacle being that it was the first Stake Conference that they had been to here. So we found some seats by a family in our ward that we knew. I went around to where there were enough seats for our family, but Alona and Abbi didn't follow me, they went to the other side of the parents where the little girl was and stayed there the whole time passing in front of the parents at times to get to me, quite awkward. They played so well together, coloring pictures, having snacks and my daughters shared their baby dolls and were able to entertain all the girls for the first half of conference. Kacen did well being next to the other little boy, he also was entertained with a ladies zipper on her back pack, but she wasn't amused enough to let him play with it and moved it away placing it closer to her. Kacen fell asleep on the way home and I was actually able to hear some of conference in between going to the rest room with the children several times and I was able to rest when we got home, the girls watched Barbie Rapunzel.
Abbi keeps asking what her camisole is called. Last night when she asked why she had a camisole and a night gown on I told her that it was to keep her comfy and warm. So when I try to tell her that it is called a camisole, she says, "No, its comfy". So her camisole its indeed not that it is a "comfy".

No comments: