03 December, 2007

Once there was a Snowman

Friday was the big snow storm and Saturday during the hour or so that we had with Dad, Paul and the kids built a snow man. By Sunday, the song was so true, "In the sun he melted, melted, melted, small, small, small."His face was missing and his nose was drooping wearily down to the ground. The picture was taken Saturday night, he was in pretty good shape and more had fallen on him.
And then today, me and the kids spent a few minutes outside. Kacen tried eating the misplaced parts, noses aren't for eating, silly boy! Alona made her own snowman and it was so cute, I took a picture of her snowman and she got up next to it and I had to take a picture of her and her snowman, her next to her masterpiece. And then got a picture of Abbi next to a snowman, as you can see it would be a lie to say that she made this snowman on her own, though it is her snowman :) We had fun. The pictures remind me where Kacen's hat is.
My grandpa is in the hospital, I really wish that I lived closer so that I could just drop by and visit him. It worries me, you never know how long that you have with anybody. Losing my dad at eleven years old showed me that.
Semi-warm afternoons in the snow making snowmen make winter worth it, I am so glad to have my children to share it with.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I'll be there for as long as my body holds out, I promise. I think there are alot better things coming for us, so look up! be cheerful, and I love you!

Kasynia said...

I hope your grandpa is doing okay! 'Teh Boy' is DYING to make a snowman, but of course, we have no snow. I am hoping we'll have the chance another time. >.< So awesome.