09 December, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Our Christmas tree is beautiful! We all got in the van and were ready to take our whole family to pick a Christmas tree. We pulled out of the driveway and headed North, less than ten seconds later. We were out of gas.
Paul's comment before we had left was something to the effect of the van is on empty! Yeah I told him, I've already driven at least twenty miles on empty. So what it will just make it out of the driveway, he said. And that is what it practically did.
He pulled into one of the streets passed the stop light and went to get the gas can. He came back and me and the children decided to stay home. The girls were very distraught that they didn't get to pick the tree with daddy, but were excited when he brought it home. Alona did an awesome job decorating it, she put almost all of the ornaments on all by herself and she hung the garland on the bottom of the tree. Abbi didn't quite get the concept of hanging ornaments and is very distraught that she cannot carry around the pieces of the nativity around in her little purses and buckets like her "little people" they will break. One of these days we will have to get a child friendly nativity set.Abbi was so cute, she went through the different decorations wearing them. She really liked the silver beads.
Kacen played with the ornaments and found the breakables first. Yesterday he walked to the tree and took off his Baby ornament that was given to him last year(it has a bell on it, so he really enjoys this one) and took another ornament and ran away laughing, So adorable! He is walking almost everywhere now. It is more than five steps, I promise Papa, wish you were all around him more to see. He went to nursery with me on Sunday(today!) I was asked to fill in. They have about fifteen nursery kids and two nursery people. The nursery leaders keep moving out. He really enjoyed it, though at lesson time he just wanted to push the little chairs into the teacher and singing was more of running around and crumpling up the papers that he was given. And to Abbi I seemed invisible, she crawled up on another Mother's lap and said "I want to go to your house!" Didn't bother me one bit that child! She is really good with the other children, a little withdrawn at first, she really loves to play and build, has a great imagination.

4 comments:

Paul said...

it's fun to watch him walk around as if it was so easy and natural for him. I always have a strong feeling when not to drive a vehicle, and when it's going to fail because it's low on gas. I got the feeling each time I ran out on my way to work, and when we were leaving I felt as though I knew it for a fact before you mentioned how far you had driven. I guess you could call me a worry wart, but I am not usually wrong about things when it comes to non-functional vehicles. Abbi is so cute, she is loving and so very innocent. She trusts people she hardly knows, even though she won't always talk to them right away :)

I love you!

Anonymous said...

your kids re growing up so fast! i cannot beleive kacen is walking! anyway, merry christmas. i hope it's a great one!

Kasynia said...

Holy cow, go Kacen! I just wanted to say - I looooved their little outfits the in the pictures with Santa.

MartaMolly said...

Such wonderful children, I revel in each of their unique personalities.
Joyful and Happy I can see it in the children's smiles, which reach all the way to their beautiful eyes of course.
Well done!
We love you all very very much!
Merry Christmas!