21 December, 2009

so tired and busy

So its almost 11:00 at night, and the kids MIGHT be asleep. The girls were sure that they weren't tired and begging to stay up with Mom. They came out while I was finishing getting Jesse ready for bed. The girls behaved and were quiet while Jesse was being laid down. Going in to the boys room I could tell, Kacen needed to be changed and cleaned up. So after laying Jesse down and telling the girls again, to lay down I cleaned up Kacen, put him down and talked to Paul for a moment on the computer and gave in to blogging. So the girls might still be awake in their beds and I am going to be awake for a while longer.
This morning Jesse was nursed, the older children were fed, got dressed, then Jesse gets fed baby food. He really does not like baby cereal. Trying to get him to eat is a task, I found out that he likes vegetables especially sweet potatoes with any kind of meat. Jesse's put down while I try to get dressed and then we took two hours running errands, bank, post office and grocery store. We get home and Jesse is hungry, I feed him while the other kids were fed taking up 40 minutes with Jesse, I managed to sneak in a shower while the baby is with Paul in bed and the older ones are playing with the pillows from the couch and then ran to the library to pay the fine on a movie we cannot find. Come home and need to nurse Jesse and feed him baby food again. I took twenty minutes and finished making Christmas cookies and did a sink full of dishes while he was in the exersaucer. Then we went around the neighborhood and took the rest of the cookies that we made for them. The children had a lot of fun. Each of them carried a plate of cookies and then when they delivered their cookies they got another plate from Mom to give away. We came home and had dinner, got on our pj's, brushed teeth. I bathed Jesse, he gets very messy while eating, he tries to eat with his fingers in his mouth. I tucked the three in bed and then worked on Jesse.
Abbi has started a combination dance class. She really enjoys it and tells everyone about her teacher Michelle. She is fun to watch, she is very shy and watches the other children to catch on to the dance moves.
Alona has started taking piano lessons, and has a keyboard at home now to practice on. Her teacher was very impressed with how much that she retains from one lesson to the next. Alona is also in girl scouts and this past week went to an Elderly home to sing carols to them. She gets to start selling Girl Scout Cookies next month.

The days leave me very tired, and by the end of the day, its not even close to finished. I am looking out across the living room at a pile of clothes that need to be folded, debris from playing with couches and many other misc things that need to be taken care of, not to mention the dishes and dinner that are waiting to be cleaned up. And, shhh...I need to be Santa, presents are waiting to be wrapped. My night will be almost as busy as my day :) One of these days I will get a nap!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Honestly, you are amazing. You do SO much and your family knows that you love them. I am willing to take on the kids so that you can have a break. My kids love playing with your little ones!