31 March, 2009

I sent this

email out to my ward, what do you think?
"I am writing this email knowing that it is one thing that I can do to be prepared for when my baby comes. I am due to have a little boy June 20, give or take a week or so. I have no family to help, my father is dead mother is bi-polar manic depressant and in-laws will be busy with their own expectant daughter at the time that I am due. My husband, has a major sleeping disorder and will help with what he can.

I am looking for individuals who:

1.Would be willing to let me call them when I go in to labor and watch my three other children. If you could let me know if you would be willing to be called at any hour of the night or just during the day that would be great.

2.Would be willing to help with meals for the first little while after the baby is born.

3.Might consider taking the older children out to play at the park or play with any children that you may have for an hour or two once or twice a week after the baby comes. So that I may catch up on sleep or be able to shower, etc.

Any other help is appreciated. It would be wonderful to know who would be willing to help. It is hard to know wit hour ward who is willing, who will be living here in June or who may be out of town. I am grateful for your replies and willingness to serve ahead of time.

Thank you,
Heather"

I have a hard time asking for help and have no idea what people will think of getting that email. I announced my pregnancy early on knowing that I could use help. But after seven months, now I am specifically asking for it. I personally feel really weird sending that out especially knowing that I may not really know many of them. But if any of them are like me, I love to help people and I hope some of them have the same outlook that I have on things like this.

3 comments:

jayne wells said...

Good work Heather!
I think people like to help, but a list of things needed makes it easier to help. Are you still the new mother's CS leader? I would be happy to help with your older kids and/or bring a meal. I don't live in the ward anymore, but I'm still close, and you're still a great friend!

The Barneys said...

most people like to help. I know i do. it's a chance to serve someone in need.

Paul said...

if I was a recipient, I would volunteer :)