22 September, 2007

Longest Birthday EVER!

Alona opened presents at Andy's reception from Grandma Ruthie and Grandpa. She is so great at sharing! She let Abbi help open! I'll post more about the reception later!

And Today was her party!! With her friends all here, it was great. She had an awesome time, we played two games, pin the patch on the pirate and marooned! Marooned was silly, we had kids ages barely four to six years old and the six year old was really into it, one that just turned four was up on the hill in her own little world, so she won! Then we decorated our own treasure buckets with glitter glue and jewels. We read Pirate Pete and had a treasure hunt with riddles telling us where to go. The story was fun, the kids enjoyed saying "where there's Gold,"I'm a Goin!"" Many of the parents stayed and so I got much appreciated help. Doing ten kids is quite easy, but handling a baby too requires a whole new set of arms! One of her little friends was so cute, "look in the bag, you've gotta read the card first!" It was a home made card from a little six year old. She got don't break the ice, what a fun game that will be! The kids were so happy to have the treasure hunt over, desserted island was no longer occupied, so they could swing!













And now I can breathe a sigh of relief, I don't need to run to the store every five minutes thinking that I have forgotten something for the party. Kacen is next! I'm not doing something more like this for a while! Maybe an open house at Grandma's?! What is with me and my crazy thinking?

1 comment:

Paul said...

I wish I would've been able to wake up earlier, but just like right now, I was unable to sleep... I am soo glad she enjoyed her birthday party though :)