29 June, 2007

Recovery

Paul went in for surgery on Tuesday, he was great about the whole thing. I was able to be with him while we waited for him to go in. It was quite a wait, I was so glad to have Ruth there to entertain Kacen while I was with Paul, though I kept checking back on them in the waiting room every so often to make sure he wasn't screaming and or hungry.When Paul had finally been rolled into the operating room, I went to go to Kacen and miracle of miracles...Grandma had gotten him to sleep.
All can assume that the surgery went well, the doctor came out and talked to me when they were finished. The most important thing that he said was that "it looked much better in there than it did in my office." Paul just goes back in next week to see the results of the biopsy. He woke up and then came in to the room we were in before he went into surgery. He was in the most pain I've ever seen him in. Not just whining and not wanting to get up and do anything, he was extremely ornery and raising his voice when he kept saying it hurt and clenching his fists and all of his muscles were tightened, which he usually just laughs when things hurt so he was really hurting. They took out what was hurting him and after it stopped burning it was much better. Though he was still in much pain and for the past few days he has been home, but he has been lying on the floor with a heating pad and pillows his laptop in hand and no desire to get up and move much unless his pain pills are really working.

1 comment:

Kasynia said...

Poor Paul. I hope he starts feeling better soon! I'm sorry I haven't been trolling blogs lately. I've missed seeing what you're up to. :) Loves ya!