22 November, 2010

Home Owners

We are officially home owners!
The stove was put in early Friday morning. The time was ticking and closing time was coming up I was getting anxious to call and see what was happening. The appraiser was suppose to go over and just make sure that the stove was in the house and once that was done the funding could happen!
At around 3:00 I called the lender to see how it was going, he said he would call the funder and then get back to me. An hour later, he hadn't gotten back to me and now he wasn't answering his phone, he had left for the day. So I called our realtor, she called me back five minutes later!
She had called the Title company, it had funded and recorded! It is Our house!!
I have been weary of putting in our thirty days at the home that we are at now. I was worried that the house wouldn't go through and then we would be stuck frantically looking for a place to move at the end of the thirty days if the house didn't happen. But... It Did! So today I mailed the thirty day notice to the landlord. Though we are planning on moving our things over to the other house this coming Friday. We can use the time after our stuff is out to clean the house we are in, maybe this time we will get some of our deposit back.
After the house funded on Friday we went and picked up the keys and looked at the new stove that was put in. The next day before Paul went to work he went to the house. The house was scheduled to be winterized, and no one told those people that the house had sold. So somehow they got in and winterized our home, pouring antifreeze down all the drains and toilets and saran wrapping the toilet seats lol. They also turned off the water and then they decided since it wasn't anyone's house (or so they must've thought) they took the 12 pack of toilet paper and the gallon of 409 cleaner that was in our bathroom. We figured out that all we needed to get the water back on was a curb key. So our water is back on and ready :) And we changed the locks!!

3 comments:

Talie said...

yay! I'm so excited for you guys!! Hope the actual move goes smoothly for you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new house! It was fun to see you back at Halloween!

Mandy said...

Sorry the people took your stuff! Crazy!

How are you liking it? I still want to come over and see you guys. Tomorrow is a crazy day and this weekend is a Christmas Party out of town, but maybe Sunday? Or Monday after work?

Text me and let me know.
LOVES!