26 June, 2008

Curtain Call

1.Alona's ballet recital Sleeping Beauty was on Saturday. She did awesome! She was a forest fairy, dressed in a purple tutu with pink wings the prince came and danced around them and then he lept off stage and they all stood up and did their part. We couldn't take pictures of the actual recital and I tried to take pictures of her when I left her i the balcony to sit and wait for her part but that didn't turn out. After the program I was too overwhelmed with the kids and getting dinner that I spaced off taking a picture then. I took pictures at her rehearsal but for some reason they are not on my camera, but she did have professional pictures taken, I will have to find a way to get them on here. She has grown to love ballet, I really don't know if she will take it next year. She wants to take soccer and so I've signed her up for that, who knows if I want to or will do both. We came home and had a barbecue with Paul's dad, Ruth, my sister and her boys. It turned out good we had fun and there was plenty of food, and I was the griller! I did a Pretty good job for it only being my first time barbecuing. My sister made some pumpkin bars and kacen decides that he doesn't need silverware, he was walking around with his face planted in the plate eating his dessert.
2. My potted garden is flourishing.I have two huge pumpkin vines. I have never watched a pumpkin grow from beginning to end and am not sure at what point the pumpkins are actually supposed to emerge, but they are long, green, flowering and beautiful. I have two squash plants that could use a bigger pot soon they are flowering also . I also have bibb lettuce, that is a new experience, I just pick the leaves off as they grow. There is no head to wait for. There are five tomato plants three of one breed two of another. The two are producing fruit, thats right I have tomatoes! The other ones are blossoming but nothing has come of them yet, I wonder what different kinds of tomatoes will come of them.
3.Paul's Graduation ceremony was last Thursday. How exciting to know that it is getting so close, the final day of being done with this school.He has eight classes left which is equivalent to four months of school if they give him two classes each month like they are supposed to and if not it could be drawn out in to eight months. His graduation is the only celebration that we will really get with family, so it was nice that his sisters, nieces, Mom, Kelly and my grandparents came. Though we have been talking about Disneyland next year.
There were bag pipes and the Lieutenant Governor of Utah came and spoke. The bag pipes were neat, they played many songs including Danny Boy. The Lieutenant Governor was the best speaker that I noticed. Kacen and I left after Paul was called up there, he was a little too restless.
Doesn't he look good in a cap and gown!!

1 comment:

The Hoveys said...

This seemed like the easiest place to give you the rules for Psychiatrist. One person has to be excluded from the group playing and far enough away to not be able to hear anybody. The remaining players come up with something that is wrong with them (everybody crosses their feet, one word answers, etc) and then they call the "Psychiatrist" back in. That player asks everybody any question(s) he or she wants. He has to figure out what is wrong with the group. Have fun!